Sunday, January 13, 2013

Reupholstered Chevron Chairs and Rug

So far this is my favorite DIY home project yet. I am in crazy love with Chevron fabric these days. Any color, any size, I love it.


 I picked up 2 yards of  Black Chevron Fabric at my local Hobby Lobby on sale for $4.89/yd





Plain jane chairs I purchased at Walmart years ago, they still have them here

I wanted to recover these because of some stains on the top that I haven't been able to wash out and I wanted some updated chairs without buying new ones.



 



Turn your chair over and unscrew the cushion from the base.
Measure out a square 4 inches bigger on each side than what you need to cover your chair to ensure you have enough to work with.
 I chose to go over the existing fabric because its super thick and super soft, but you could remove it before you start.
Hot glue your fabric all the way around, pulling each section tight and evening out the lumps and bumps. I had two chairs to cover and used about 3/4 yard total for both.



Screw it back on tight and you are done!

Finished Chair: less than $5 for two chairs






Stay tuned for the next two projects using the leftover Chevron fabric. :)












No comments:

Post a Comment